Man displays gun, run off by knife-wielding victim

Staff Writer

In an alleged attempt to burglary, a 26-year-old Oil City male suspect brought a gun to a knife fight and lost.

According to court documents, Nathan Edward Harbison and a known juvenile went to a female victim’s apartment at 4:44 a.m. March 17 along South Second Avenue in Clarion Township.

The victim told state police, when she answered the door an unknown male, later identified as Harbison, entered the residence and allegedly asked, “Where’s the safe?” several times.

When the victim stated she did not have a safe, Harbison allegedly pushed the victim and threatened he would shoot her if she did not open the safe.

Harbison allegedly lifted his shirt to reveal a handgun in his waistband.

The victim told police she grabbed a kitchen knife and chased both Harbison and the juvenile out of the apartment.

Harbison ran into the woods and the juvenile went back to his apartment.

Harbison allegedly went to the juvenile’s apartment one hour later and allegedly told the juvenile not to say anything.

The juvenile’s mother kicked Harbison out of the apartment and told him to not come back.

The juvenile told state police Tpr. Jacob Knight June 6, Harbison and two known individuals were at the juvenile’s apartment on South Second Avenue at 10 p.m. March 16.

The juvenile told police he had a BB gun in his closet and alleged Harbison took it sometime in the night.

Harbison allegedly asked the juvenile to take him to the apartment by specifically mentioning the victim’s name.

The juvenile said Harbison was a white male with a teardrop tattoo, had a sunken in face and a mustache.

Harbison was charged with four counts of robbery and three charges of burglary, both first-degree felonies; robbery, a second-degree felony; simple assault and terroristic threats, both first-degree misdemeanors; and recklessly endangering another person, a second-degree misdemeanor.

A warrant was put in place for Harbison’s arrest.