From staff reports
No one was injured after a house fire broke out late Tuesday evening in Ashland Township, according to Clarion state police.
An emergency call was placed just after 10:30 p.m. for the fire on Mimm Road, near Route 338, according to Venango County 911.
According to police, the fire was determined to be accidental in nature and originated at a propane grill along an exterior wall of an attached garage.
Police said the fire was contained to the garage and there was minimal damage to the main residence.
According to police, the Knox Fire Department has requested the assistance of the state police fire marshal to determine the origin and cause of the fire.
A firefighter suffered from heat exhaustion, but continued to fight the fire after being treated at the scene, according to 911.
Police said damage is estimated at $50,000.
Fire departments from Knox, Emlenton, Shippenville and St. Petersburg responded, along with Knox Ambulance, 911 said.