From staff reports
The state Department of Health on Friday announced Clarion County reported four additional confirmed cases of COVID-19 and Venango County reported five new confirmed cases.
Venango County, the state said, now has 154 total cases (111 confirmed and 43 probable) and Clarion County now has 174 total cases (132 confirmed and 42 probable). One probable case was subtracted from Clarion County’s total.
Forest County, the state said, holds at 17 total cases (14 confirmed and three probable).
Mercer County, the state said, reported five new cases (three confirmed and two probable). The county now has 867 total cases (765 confirmed and 102 probable).
The state on Friday reported 1,566 new statewide positive cases, 32 fewer than the number reported Thursday, raising the total number of cases to 179,086 (172,169 confirmed and 6,917 probable). There are 11,559 cases among health care workers.
The number of new positive cases reported Friday marks 11 consecutive days in which more than 1,000 additional cases were reported.
Fewer than 1,000 new cases have been reported in 137 of the past 166 days.
Statewide there were 25 new deaths reported Friday, raising the total to 8,457, the state said.
– A nursing and personal care facilities list, a cumulative table compiled by the state that is updated daily, continues to show Forest County reported one employee case at one unnamed facility.
A spokesperson with Windsor House at Snyder Memorial Health Care Center in Marienville confirmed to the newspaper on Friday that the case was that of a part-time employee.
That same chart also continues to show Venango County with five resident cases and fewer than five employee cases at one unnamed facility, and Clarion County with 18 resident cases, 16 employee cases and one death among three unnamed facilities.
– Statewide data on nursing and personal care facilities show there are now 24,334 resident cases and 5,342 cases among employees for a total of 29,676 cases at 1,015 distinct facilities in 61 counties.
– The state said there are a total of 5,603 deaths that have been reported from nursing and personal care facilities.
Recovery rate and testing
– The state continues to report a recovery rate of 80%.
– The number of statewide tests administered between Oct. 9 and Thursday is 238,610, including 9,592 positive results, according to the state.
– The number of people in the tri-county area who have tested negative for the virus, the state said, is 9,876. Statewide, there have been 2,103,044 people who have tested negative.
Area health systems
– Butler Health System on Friday reported Clarion Hospital had collected 6,043 specimens for COVID-19 testing as of Thursday, including 4,800 specimens obtained at the hospital’s outdoor facility. A total of 173 tests were positive for the virus. The hospital has three COVID-19 in-patients.
– Statistics from the state, area health systems or officials could vary.
To view additional data and information, including Pennsylvania maps that break down the number of COVID-19 cases by county and ZIP code, go to www.health.pa.gov and click on “Coronavirus (COVID-19).”